What is a GBWhatsApp?
There will be many questions arising in minds of people as what is a GBWhatsApp? How Is It different from a WhatsApp Application? Is this an official application? Is GBWhatsApp a substitute for WhatsApp? The answer is Yes. It is very different from the actual WhatsApp application. A GBWhatsApp is a mod version of the official WhatsApp application. This article focuses on How to Lock WhatsApp Conversations with GBWhatsApp.
It bundles with a lot of new and innovative features that the official WhatsApp doesn’t have. Some of the features include hiding the blue tick, and last seen, online status and also it provides various themes of your own.
At many times, there will be multiple sims with a person yet he/she could use only one sim number in WhatsApp. So there has to be some way to start a WhatsApp with two numbers in one device itself at the same time. This is where a mod version of WhatsApp or GBWhatsapp comes into the picture.
How to Lock WhatsApp Conversations on Android Mobile Phones
Whatsapp is one of the world’s best instant messaging application. WhatsApp was launched in the year 2010 and till now, it has evolved in a number of ways. It has added many features like Internet calls, video calls, encryption, sending documents, sending GIF, etc.
Whatsapp is very simple and easy to use. It has a limited functionality compared to other instant messaging applications. One of the biggest change is adding an end to end encryption. There are various mods available for WhatsApp like WhatsApp plus, GBWhatsapp, etc. Each of them has a unique set of features. Each has a different developer who has added a different feature of their own choice.
This Mod version of WhatsApp i.e. the Gb WhatsApp will take WhatsApp usage to next level. This application is very to install and works fine on both rooted and non-rooted devices. Similarly, to GBWhatsApp, there are many mod versions of WhatsApp available in the market namely YOWhatsApp, WhatsApp Plus, etc but GBWhatsapp is considered as one of the most favorite apps on all of them. It can also be used as a dual account in a single device. This is one of the major plus points.
GbWhatsapp and normal Whatsapp
Whatsapp is a very popular app used all over the world by people. It is a simple and free instant messaging app that allows a user to connect with a person staying far away. There are many cloned versions of WhatsApp application. GBWhatsapp is one of the cloned WhatsApp application. As it is a cloned version, it has to be different from the actual WhatsApp. So, the difference is given below.
- The original WhatsApp is available for all the platforms including the IOS, Blackberry, Windows, Mac, and other different platforms. Whereas, a GBWhatsapp is only available for Android devices.
- An original WhatsApp is available to download from the google play store, app store, windows store and in other stores which is available in two versions First is a normal version and second is a beta version. Whereas, GBWhatsapp is an unofficial application which is available only in the form of an APK file.
- A normal WhatsApp has many bandwidths where you can share only 10 images at a time, a status should comprise of 139 characters long, Whereas, in a gbwhatsapp this limit exceeds. Instead of 10 images, you can send 90 images at a time, and also the status will comprise of 250 characters.
- GBWhatsapp allows the user to change a theme in it. A normal WhatsApp doesn’t have an option of selecting a theme.
A GBWhatsapp has many features which are very good. But it has many features but not an official tag It is a third-party app so it is less secure. But till now, any of the version of gbwhatsapp haven’t shown any kind of hack.
Also, see difference between features of normal Whatsapp and YoWhatsapp with download links
Specifications of a GBWhatsApp
|App Size||34.9 MB|
|Required||Android 4.0 +|
|Main Task||Extra Features|
|Last Updated||17 Feb, 2018|
How to Lock WhatsApp Conversations with GBWhatsApp
A GbWhatsapp is a mod version of official WhatsApp. This app lets you enjoy the normal features of WhatsApp plus some other extra added features. This app lets you customize your WhatsApp to one extra level. It includes hiding last seen for a specific contact, change some themes and much more. There is also a feature to lock a chat to ensure some privacy.
To enable this feature, you first have to download GBWhatsApp and install it. Before installing this GBWhatsapp, take a backup from the original WhatsApp. This can be done by following these simple steps.
Step 1 – Navigate to settings in official WhatsApp –> Chat –> Chat Backup
Step 2 – Save it in a folder safely. Install GBWhatsapp after uninstalling the official WhatsApp. If your installation is blocked, then go to settings –> Security –> and check the checkbox which is written before unknown sources.
Step 3 – New WhatsApp launch screen appears where it asks for restoring your previous backup data. Click on continue to move ahead.
Step 4 – The next step is to verify your mobile number with which you used that for the official WhatsApp. Update your profile information and hit the done button to move further.
Step 5 – After hitting the next button you will find all the chats and contacts on the screen.
Steps for Locking Conversations start from here
Step 6 – Go to settings in GBWhatsApp which you will find in the top right corner of the home screen. Navigate to Lock option. The first step is you have to create a short password. To create a password, click on the enable passcode menu and enter your desired 4 digit password.
Step 7 – When your password is set, the next step is to select the conversation that you want to lock. And its done. So, from next time as and when you want to open a chat conversation with that specific person whom you have locked your conversation with, will prompt to enter a password before starting a conversation.
Your privacy is totally in your hand now. No one can read your chat with that specific person unless and until that password is given.
To unlock a chat conversation, just follow the above steps and click on unlock chat.
Additional features of GBWhatsapp are as follows:
- It lets you send any type of files and documents.
- You can create a theme of your own and send it to the developer.
- GBWhatsapp lets you share more than 30 GB of file size, where the official WhatsApp allows to share only 16 GB of files at a time.
- Color the status bar and navigation bars quickly.
- You can customize the color of the tick marks individually for different individual chats.
- You can add 600 contacts in your broadcast list
- You can send Audio files such as songs, voice note of more than 16 MB.
- Increased character to 250 while posting the status.
- An option for a counter statistic of a group, which shows which person has sent how many messages in the group.
- You can preview the media before downloading the file
- You can hide specific messages in a group
- Send any type of document in GBWhatsapp.