XAT 2020: Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) is a national level computer based entrance examination. The test will be conducted by XLRI (Xavier School of Management) Jamshedpur on the behalf of XAMI. XAT 2020 exam is a gateway to get admission in some of the top B-Schools in India. The registration for XAT 2020 exam is expected to start by the month of August 2019.
It is a three and a half hour long online examination which is conducted in two sessions. The applicants aspiring for XAT 2020 exam can check out all the important details related to Exam dates, Registration, Eligibility, Pattern, Syllabus, Result, Admit Card, Exam Centers etc.
|Exam Name||Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT)|
|Conducting Body||XLRI (Xavier Labour Relations Institute) Jamshedpur|
|Exam Category||Post Graduate|
|Programs Offered|| Business Management (BM),
Human Resource Management (HRM),
General Management (GM)
|Eligibility for XAT 2020||Bachelor Degree (10+2+3)|
|Number of Test Takers||90,000 (approx)|
|XAT Contact Number||+91657665 3203/3204/3205|
XAT 2020 Important Dates
Tentative dates for XAT 2020 exam are mentioned below:
|XAT 2020 official notification date||2nd week of August 2019|
|Online Registration commencement||3rd week of August 2019|
|Last date of XAT 2020 Registration (without late fee)||Last week of November 2019|
|Last date of XAT 2020 Registration (With late fee)||2nd week of December 2019|
|Admit Card Release Date||3rd week of December 2019|
|Date of XAT Exam 2020||2nd week of January 2020|
|Declaration of Result||Last week of January 2020|
XAT 2020 Registration
Check out the important XAT 2020 registration details:
- The registration process for XAT 2020 is done online through the official website. The application form is expected to be out in the 3rd week of August 2019.
- Applicants have to fill in their correct personal and educational details such as Full Name, D.O.B, Email Id, Mobile Number, Educational Qualification etc in the application form.
NOTE: Changes cannot be made once the XAT registration process is complete.
- Candidates also have to upload their latest scanned passport size photograph along with their signature in an advised format at the time of XAT 2020 Registration.
- Candidates can apply for various courses with the single application form during the registration.
- It is advisable for the candidates to keep the hard copy of the XAT 2020 application form for future reference.
- The applicants can pay the registration fees via an online or offline method. For the online payment, the candidate can directly pay the application fees through the official website.
- Applicants who wish to pay through DD, have to mail the application form along with the DD to the following address:
“ The Chairperson,
Circuit House Area (East)
Jamshedpur – 831001 “
NOTE: The Demand Draft along with the application form should reach the given address within 15 days of issuing the DD.
XAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Every candidates aspiring for XAT 2020 exam should be aware of the eligibility criteria. Only the candidate who fulfills all the terms and conditions of XAT will be allowed to register themselves for the exam.
The eligibility criteria for XAT 2020 Exam are as follows:
- The applicant should have a Graduate Degree of minimum three years in any field or an equivalent certification.
- Candidates who are in their Final Year of Graduation can also apply, provided that the final exam is done before the month of June 2020.
- There is no age limit or minimum percentage requirement in graduation to apply for XAT exam.
- XAT exam is mandatory for any Indian candidates who want to get admission in XLRI.
- Candidates from international countries can apply for XLRI on the basis of their GMAT score.
- XLRI conducts XAT exam in two international cities (i.e. Kathmandu and Dubai). Candidates living near these cities have an option to take up the XAT exam.
XAT 2020 Application Fee
The application fee for XAT 2020 exam is mentioned below:
|XAT 2020 Application Fee (Without late fees)||Rs. 1650|
|XLRI Programmes (If Interested)||Rs. 1650 + Rs. 300 each course (extra fee)|
|XAT 2020 Application Fee (With late fees)||Rs. 2000|
|XLRI Programmes (If Interested)||Rs. 2000 + Rs. 500 each course (extra fee)|
- Online payment can be done through Debit Card, Credit Card, Online Banking, Cash and DD.
- For cash payment, the candidates have to pay the application fee in the nearest IDBI bank branch and take the print out of XAT pay-in-slip.
- For payment through Demand Draft, prepare a DD in favour of “XLRI Jamshedpur A/c XAT” payable at Jamshedpur.
XAT 2020 Exam Pattern
Till 2017, XAT exam was conducted through an offline method which now shifted to online (Computer-based test) mode.
The XAT 2020 exam consists of 2 sections- Paper 1 (Includes 3 subjects) and Paper 2 (Includes 2 subjects). The duration of the exam is 2 hrs 50 minutes and 35 minutes respectively.
|Section||Name of Subject||No. of Questions|
|Verbal and Logical Ability||24|
|Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation||27|
|Essay Writing||One topic|
- Mode of Exam: Online
- Question Type: One Detailed Essay Writing + MCQ’s (Objective type)
- No of Questions: One Essay Writing + 97 MCQ’s
- Marking Scheme: Each correct answer (1 Mark) and each wrong answer will have negative marking (0.25 Mark), Unattempted 12 questions will deduct 0.05 marks.
XAT Exam Syllabus 2020
The syllabus for XAT 2020-21 is very vast and diverse. Here is a detailed overall list of the Subject wise main topics:
Verbal & Logical Ability: Reading, Vocabulary, Para Jumble, Grammar, Sentence Correction, Critical Reasoning, Fill in the Blanks, Para Completion, Arguments, Critical Reasoning etc.
Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation: Profit & Loss, Probability, Data Interpretation, Permutation & Combination, Geometry, Algebra Functions, Speed and Distance, Scatter Plots, Progressions, Polynomials, Equations, Percentage, Bar charts etc.
Decision Making: Analytical Reasoning, Data Arrangement Test, Arithmetic, Situational, Grouping Test, Reading Comprehension & Conditions etc.
General Knowledge: International Relations, Current Affairs, Politics, Geography, Sports, Merger and Acquisition, Literature, History, Science & Business, Currency, Personalities, Economics, Important Dates etc.
Essay Writing: There is no particular topic for essay writing in XAT 2020 exam. Topics can be given based on any Past Events, Current Affairs etc.
XAT Admit Card 2020
XAT 2020 admit card will be issued in the month of December 2019 through the official website. Candidates can download the admit card through the website by entering their XAT ID. The applicant won’t be allowed to enter the examination hall if he/she does not have a valid admit card.
Steps to download XAT Admit Card:
- Go to the official website and look for a direct link for downloading the admit card.
- Enter your XAT Registration ID along with your Password.
- Click on the Login button.
- After logging in, the candidate will find a PDF format of the admit card.
- Download and take a hard copy of the XAT 2020 admit card.
XAT 2020 Exam Centers
Here is the list of all the XAT Exam Centers 2020, National and International both:
|National Exam Centers|
|International Exam Centers|
XAT 2020 Result
The results and the cut off marks will be made available only on the official website soon after the examination. The candidates have to enter their ID and Password to check their result. Then only the candidate will be able to download their scorecard.
Cut off marks for different colleges will be different. The candidate’s marks should equal to or more than that to qualify for the further process.
XAT 2020 Counselling
The candidates need to register for the counselling process after the results are declared. The candidates can fill their marks and the choice of college in the form. After that admissions will be granted according to cut off marks and after proper verification of their required documents.
Books to be referred for XAT (Recommended)
- Word Power Made Easy New Revised & Expanded Edition
- Verbal Ability & Comprehension for CAT/ XAT/ IIFT/ CMAT/ MAT/ Bank PO/ SSC 2nd Edition
- Teach Yourself Quantitative Aptitude First Edition
- XAT Simplified (12 yrs Past Papers + 5 Mock Tests + General Awareness Gist/ Essays) 5th Edition
If you have any query please do let us know in the comment section below.